1. Wildfires are big and scary and fast moving.
2. Clean air is not something to be taken granted.
3. There is a lot of joy to be found in this world. The sun keeps shining and you’re still breathing. Keep searching, my friend.
4. Generosity is not something we take or give. We share it, between us. “Let me make you this tasty drink for free because you are fighting day and night to put out a fire. See now how we both feel better?”
5. The ocean is always moving, and it’s so beautiful, and unforgiving.
6. There is a big castle on a hill in the Central Coast of California whose joy is still emanating from the walls. You can feel the architect, a revolutionary woman, smiling through the tapestries of the old walls. You can still hear a bit of an echo of the owner, laughing.
7. Distance can make the heart grow fonder, but also, less sympathetic.
8. An iced americano with just a touch of vanilla syrup can be life changing, some mornings.
9. I’m living a blessed life. I’m trying everyday to not forget.